- The word is funny.
- Me: Bad hair cuts. High school reunions. AIDS....
- The word is "manly."
- Sean: Eddie Murphy?
- Me: He played a cop in that one movie.
- Sean: Men in Black?
After going out with my family, I drank alone. I broke into the condo complex next door because the roof to ours was locked. The roof to theirs was locked as well. I went swimming in my underwear alone. I came back. Laid by the ocean and talked to Meagan on the phone. Realized I forgot my glasses. Had to break in again which was exceptionally more difficult. Lost phone service. Got phone service. Lost it again. Got my glasses. Crawled into bed. Fell asleep feeling pathetic.
It’s been one day.
It’s healthy being here. I realize a lot. I realize I am only happy because I block out everything, which is something I swore to myself I would never do. I realize that I cannot function alone.
I need to fix that. Because last night got dark much more quickly than I imagined it could.
All I can do is apologize.
It’s been six hours.
It’s been real.
Sarah Burns and I are going to goth you up.
Yes we fucking are.
- Nick: Thought of you while forty browsing.
- Me: I appreciate that. Honestly, I tell that story occasionally, of you bringing back a forty for everyone. Cutest ever. Then again it is easy to win my heart with alcohol.
- Nick: Only had ten dollars. "You can get a lot of fuckin' beer with ten dollars." Haha, good fucking night.
Hey babycakes, no worries, I appreciate this stuff more than you know. We are going to hang out, and if you come here I am going to show you all of the best hidden parts of Cincinnati, and if I come up there, you must show me all the best hidden parks, and we’ll be ridiculous and giggle, and it’ll be absolutely beautiful. I stand by this. :)
I can hear a party across the bay. They are loud, and probably drunk, and their laughter carries.
After these eight cigarettes, which I for some reason cannot stop smoking, I will go to sleep.
And I have a feeling I will be disappointed.
A feeling I am all too familiar with when I get my hopes up.